Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sow in the Spirit

Skin is brown, fingernails are brittle, hands are dry, and I am satisfied to know that within the black earth are buried seeds. After 4 hours of toil the yard has been transformed into a garden anticipating growth. The herbs, flowers, and vegetables have been planted and now demand careful attention to insure that they are given a healthy balance of water and sunshine.

I found it very fitting to be challenged by this verse today.

Galatians 6:8 "For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life."

Desire the Spirit to work in our lives and produce fruit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law (5:22-23). I know that I do none of these very well at all, but as I sow in the Spirit I will see the fruits of His labor. Let us all strive for the Spirit's plentiful harvest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home